- Initial Consultation – Always free.
For the pet who needs more outdoor time. This provides your dog with a happy neighborhood jaunt, fresh air, and plenty of opportunities to relieve themselves (and not on your carpet). Most dog’s problematic behaviors can be reduced with more exercise. A tired dog is a happy dog, and a happy dog makes for a happy owner.
- 30 minutes – $18.00 (one dog), $20 (two dogs), $22 (three dogs)
- 40 minutes – $25.00 (one dog), $27 (two dogs), $29 (three dogs)
- 60 minute field trip – $45.00 (one dog), $47 (two dogs), $49 (three dogs)
For pets who are recovering from operations, toy dogs with shorter snouts in extreme cold or heat, or animals too senior for those longer walks but still get lonely during the day and need to be let outside to relieve themselves. I’ll go to your house, provide plenty of petting and cuddling, and let them roam on your lawn or take them on a short one or two block walk. For the out-of-town clients, I’ll adjust your drapes, take in your mail, and water your plants for no extra charge in addition to making sure your pets need for love and attention is satiated.
The overnight visit is available for pets who need a little extra affection and security – I’ll make sure that I’m in for the night by 10:00 p.m., leave your house no earlier than 7:00 a.m. and am available to take the dog out whenever he or she needs to relieve their bladder. Unlike with a kennel, this overnight option does not include any hidden costs. Your animal gets unlimited let-outs and attention while I am with them and this includes a morning walk.
Below are the standard rates but if there is a large number of animals there may be an extra fee that will be discussed and agreed upon during the initial consultation.
- 15 minutes – $15.00 (up to two dogs), $19 (three dogs)
- 30 minutes – $18.00 (up to two dogs), $22 (three dogs)
- Overnight – $65.00
Punch Card Options
The punch card system is available to all customers, regardless of how frequently you use or need the service. You may use the punch card on a daily basis or as a way to ‘pay’ for your pet sitting visits. It’s up to you and that’s what makes it so valuable.
Any punch card holder is entitled to preferred services based on their type of card (bronze, silver, or gold). All preferred status customers receive priority scheduling and 5% off any additional ala carte services (including holiday fees and pet transportation). All preferred status customers, regardless of whether you are bronze, silver or gold, are allowed up to one extra animal per walk or check-in for free. If you’d like to include a third animal and still use the punch card system, please contact me.
Gold status customers receive the highest preference in advance and last-minute scheduling. Silver status customers receive the second highest preference and bronze status customers receive the third highest preference.
See here for an example of our real-time electronic punch card.
30 Minute Visit Punch Card
5 walks = $81 (this saves you $9 and guarantees you bronze preferred status)
10 walks = $162 (this saves you $18, the equivalent of one free walk, and guarantees you silver preferred status)
20 walks = $324 (this saves your $36, the equivalent of two free walks, and guarantees you gold preferred status)
15 Minute Visits Punch Card
5 check-ins = $68 (this saves you $7 and guarantees you bronze preferred status)
10 check-ins = $135 (this saves you $15, the equivalent of one free check-in, and guarantees you bronze preferred status)
20 check-ins = $270 (this saves you $30, the equivalent of two free check-ins and guarantees you gold preferred status)
The Variety Punch Card
5 walks, 5 check-ins = $148 (savings of $17 and guarantees you silver preferred status)
10 walks, 10 check-ins = $297 (savings of $33 and guarantees you gold preferred status)
Gold Standard Pet Sitting
For the dog who is special. Some pets spend all day with their people and any time their ‘pack’ or caregiver leaves for an extended period of time it can cause the pet acute suffering. My dog goes everywhere with me – walking around town to conduct errands, driving (but only left in the car during cool weather), hiking, dog park visits, out to eat on patios, visits with friends, etc. If I were to leave her with a pet care professional, even if only for the weekend, I would want the best for her. Since my pet is so accustomed to my presence, I would opt to have her be with another human (and preferably dogs!) as much as possible.
This is why I created the Gold Standard. When you are out of town, your pet will basically live with me. This option is not for everyone and there are some minimum requirements that must be met in order to proceed:
1) Your animal must also get along with other dogs. This includes getting along with my dog as well as other dogs. I frequent the dog park as much as two hours a day and it’s important that I would be able to take your dog with me.
2) Your animal must be authorized to play in the Frederick City Dog Park. The initial consultation for this set-up will occur in the Frederick City Dog Park in order to determine your animal’s temperament. It is incredibly simple to obtain the Dog Park tag – all you need is your pet’s license information and their current rabies paperwork. The fee is only $15 and it’s a lifetime privilege. Tags can be purchased at the Recreation Center at 121 N. Bentz. St. in downtown Frederick. For further information, here is a link to their website.
2) Your animal must be crate trained. Most of the time your dog will be with me and my pet but in the event I am unable to take the dogs on an errand (due to hot weather or other obstacles) both dogs will be crated to ensure there are no accidents while they are left unsupervised.
The benefits of the Gold Standard are enormous. Your pet will be the recipient of tons of affection, exercise, and socialization. My daily routine includes two 30 minute dog walks per day (including dog park visits), as well as lots of lounge time, spontaneous play sessions, and cuddle time. And yes, I’ll probably even let your dog sleep on the bed. This is a highly customizable package.
The daily price for this service is $85. Since I am a human being with an actual home as opposed to a brick and mortar business with multiple employees, I am flexible with drop-off and pick-up times. If your drop your pet off prior to 1:00p you will be charged for the full day, but if you drop them off after 1:00p you will only be charged for a half-day ($43). Conversely, if you pick your pet up by 1:00p you will only be charged for a half-day but if you pick them up after 1:00p you will be charged a full-day.
For the owner that is working long and hard and doesn’t have enough week-day time to take their pet to the veterinarian, run pet related errands or make all those grooming appointments.
- $12 flat fee, roundtrip up to 3 miles
- $15 flat fee, roundtrip up to 7 miles
- $11 waiting fee charged per each 1/2 hour increment
- Holiday services are available for an additional $10.00 per service charge. Holidays include Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
- If you have more animals than those listed in the price sheet, please contact me for additional details.
- All punch cards are valid for 90 days from the time of purchase.
- All pet visit schedule times are approximate and fall within a 2 hour window. For example, if we agree that 1:00 p.m. is a good time to walk your pet, I can guarantee I will be there between 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- For ala carte customers who request services within a 24 hour timeframe, there is an additional $2.00 fee per service (waived for pre-paid punch card customers)
- Scheduled services which are cancelled without 24 hour notice will be charged a 25% fee based on the total estimated pricing ($5.00 minimum).
- Appointments are tentative until a deposit is received and all deposits are due at least 72 hours in advance.
- I cater specifically to dogs, cats, rodents, ferrets, birds, and other small domestic animals but am always happy to branch out! Please get in touch for more details.
- During all of my visits I check to make sure your pet has fresh water and (if instructed) food. I also provide any orally administered medication necessary for your four-legged friend.
- Prices listed are for customers within a three mile radius of historic downtown Frederick. For mapping purposes, please use the address of the William R. Taney Recreation Center (two blocks from the Frederick City Dog Park). It is 121 North Bentz Street, Frederick, MD 21701
- For customers outside the 3 mile radius but within 6 miles, the additional gas fee will be $2.00 per trip. If you are outside of 6 miles, please let me know and we will discuss the issue prior to an initial consultation.
- The only exception to the 5% discount for punch card holders is the gas surcharge for customers outside the 3 mile range.